550 MILES MS AWARENESS WALK… for those who are no longer able.

cruise group facebook

1 WOMAN,

58 DAYS,

550 MILES

MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS AWARENESS PILGRIMAGE

Maica is currently walking alone 550 miles for Multiple Sclerosis Awareness, from Lourdes France to Santiago de Compostela, Spain.

We at MSstation™ believe, it might be lovely for Maica to have a source to assist her in paying for the extraneous matters on her journey, such as medical care,therapeutic massage,and decent lodgings sometimes so she can truly rest and recuperate.  Please, help and support Maria Del Carmen Carrodeguas in anyway you can.

Write your comment within 199 characters.

Jul 2, 2015 at 12:25 am
Elaine Schoedinger ($415.00 USD) Said:

GoFundMe MS Fundraiser

Jul 25, 2015 at 5:30 pm
MELVA DIAZ ($50.00 USD) Said:

Thank you for walking "El Camino" for all of us MSers that can't. You've been a true inspiration!

Jul 25, 2015 at 7:49 pm
Tracie Norman ($40.00 USD) Said:

You're my true inspiration Maica! I love sis!

Mar 9, 2017 at 12:42 am
disney couple shirts ($1.00 USD) Said:

Very small amount, hope this help!

Aug 29, 2016 at 5:12 am
Kevin ($0.00 USD) Said:

Mar 9, 2017 at 12:42 am
king and queen shirts Said:

Hope this small amount help!

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:18 am

Review Said:

Great to help!

Dec 28, 2016 at 1:52 pm
shop Said:

Great to see and help!

$1103 USD

*All monies donated will be transferred directly to Maica’s PayPal Account and into the Euro (currency in Spain).

Thank you.

Maica NMSS shirt

Maria Del Carmen Carrodeguas (Maica) was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 2006. Maica is dedicated and passionate about spreading Multiple Sclerosis Awareness around the World and raising funds for a Cure.

DONATE FOR MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS RESERACH

Maica will be an Inspirational Speaker on our ‘MS AWARENESS ABROAD‘ CRUISE MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS AWARENESS MONTH 2016.

cruise inspirational speakers

PLEASE, READ MORE ON MARIA DEL CARMEN’S  STORY WRITTEN IN HER OWN WORDS BELOW…

miaca feet copy

“…my legs and feet were way too swollen. …my skin started splitting… But, I promise I won’t let anyone down. I promise.  Todo lo puedo en Cristo que me fortalece. – I can do anything with Christ who strengthens me”

MARIA DEL CARMEN CARRODEGUAS STORY

maria reel crying vertiI am Blessed to be a part of your lives… it is a dream to be on the Ellen Show because I want to spread awareness and raise money for MS Research.  Anything to express how difficult it is to live with MS and for doctors to find a way to perhaps diagnose earlier so people can begin medication earlier to slow down the progression.  I believe that is exactly what happened to me.   I was blessed with good doctors.  I was diagnosed in 2006.  MS Affected my right side.  I had major shaking and I couldn’t hold a spoon to feed myself ice cream.  I remember going to WalMart and buying ice with cherry syrup in a bowl.  I tried feeding myself and the ice with red syrup fell on my clothes… I threw the bowl across the parking lot and started to cry.  I couldn’t believe I had MS… A woman like me with the energy I had…

I never thought any of this would have happened to me. As a matter of fact I was in denial until 2008 when I relapsed……..I was placed in the hospital and given major doses of steroids to reduce the swelling in my brain. I asked God to send me a sign that I must go on medication. I had an MRI and compared to the one I had back in 2006….more lesións showed……..hence I gave in and began using Copaxone. I remember being given Avonex first and I almost died with severe flu like symptoms…….I screamed until I realized I had Percocet. I drank two pills and after hours of agony and feeling so so so cold and runner over by an 18 wheeler…..I finally fell asleep. I remember wanting to die. Committing suicide crossed my mind. I didn’t want to live. I was afraid. The more I read on the computer of the disease the more I wanted to die.

I knelt down in prayer and asked God to help me take away the suicidal thoughts. Little did I know my brother would commit suicide in 2007……hence the reason I probably relapsed in 2008……..stress triggered a very horrific episode.

However………..I have been blessed beyond belief. I never again took Avonex and have been injecting 20mg Copaxone daily.

I decided to walk el camino simply because I have many friends with MS. There is one friend in particular called Liz… .she is the mother of 2 of my ex students. We were both diagnosed at the same time…..I remember her driving to my school and bringing me Starbucks and walking to have a parent conference for one of her two kids…….long story short…..Liz wear diapers….she is unable to walk…..she has a 24 nurse. She can not drive…..she is completely dependent on someone else. Me on the other hand still drive and rides a motorcycle.

I feel blessed. I want to give my heart and soul to the MS COMMUNITY and tell them with my walk to Santiago de Compostela that I am walking for all of those with MS who can’t.

It’s that simple.

I want to tell Ellen exactly what I wrote above.

And ask her to help me raise awareness…….”

“A girl can dream right?”Maria Del Carmen Carrodeguas (Maica)

OUR FELLOW MS WARRIOR MARIA DEL CARMEN (MAICA) CARRODEGUAL’S DREAM IS TO GET on ELLEN!!!!

LET’S MAKE IT HAPPEN FOR HER!!!

ellen-show

CONTACT ELLEN

MSstation™ CONTACT INFO:

PHONE:  (844) 833-3330

EMAIL:  MAICA@MSstation.org

SUPPORT TAB ORANGE SILVER_edited-1

Write your comment within 199 characters.

Jul 2, 2015 at 12:25 am
Elaine Schoedinger ($415.00 USD) Said:

GoFundMe MS Fundraiser

Jul 25, 2015 at 5:30 pm
MELVA DIAZ ($50.00 USD) Said:

Jul 25, 2015 at 7:49 pm
Tracie Norman ($40.00 USD) Said:

You're my true inspiration Maica! I love sis!

Mar 9, 2017 at 12:42 am
disney couple shirts ($1.00 USD) Said:

Very small amount, hope this help!

Aug 29, 2016 at 5:12 am
Kevin ($0.00 USD) Said:

Mar 9, 2017 at 12:42 am
king and queen shirts Said:

Hope this small amount help!

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:18 am

Dec 28, 2016 at 1:52 pm
shop Said:

Great to see and help!

$1103 USD

maica camino map

Camino de Santiago, the Way of St. James: A long tradition

For centuries and centuries, indeed since the very beginning of Christendom many pilgrims have followed St. James’s footsteps across Spain and they still continue to arrive in Santiago de Compostela.

Camino de Santiago means freedom, culture, sport, nature, tradition, challenge, peace but above all it is freedom. Numerous emperors like Charlemagne, popes like Calixtus II, kings like Alfonso II, brave knights like the Spanish “El Cid” or the Knights Templar, noblemen, thousands of priests, farmers, beggars, travelers, the healthy, the sick, the blind, the lame, the rich and the homeless; all of them were pilgrims in el Camino de Santiago and all of them were treated the same, because no one knew if the dirty, tired and blistered pilgrim that just arrived in the village before sunset was a king, a bishop or a pauper. They were and still are all pilgrims always looking for something, always bringing new ideas. Camino de Santiago, the Way of St. James

maria trail arrow signs

maica sitting bandaging feet

maica walking

MS AWARENESS ABROAD’

MS AWARENESS MONTH 2016 (MARCH 27th – April 2, 2016)

INSPIRATIONAL SPEAKERS:

cruise inspirational speakers

MARIA DEL CARMEN CARRODEGUAS:

Traveled alone from Madrid, Spain to Lourdes France. During Maria’s June 8th till July 28th Pilgrimage she walked 550 Miles “el Camino” to Santiago de Compostela”, for all of us suffering from this horrific disease.

MARIA’S 550 MILES WALK

MS AWARENESS ABROAD!!

read-more

MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS AWARENESS MONTH 2016

Sun 27 Mar – Sat 02 Apr 2016

CALL ROYAL CARIBBEAN (800) 465-3595

MSstation™ Group: #4074063

‘MS AWARENESS ABROAD’

100% DONATIONS FOR SPECIAL EVENTS TO BENEFIT THE NATIONAL MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS SOCIETY – MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS RESEARCH DEPARTMENT

DONATE TAB ORANGE SILVER copy